Jul 2, 2008

Maybe Noah Gallagher was right.

I’m not much up on these things but I was reading recently where there had been a bit of a tiff between Oasis frontman Noah Gallagher and Jay Z who was headlining the Glastonbury. Gallagher couldn’t see a rap artist as the lead act.

So, Jay-Z came out and did this:


Now, even though I like some of Jay-Z’s stuff, I always thought the kick of going to a concert was seeing a performer create their music live. Although I see there were a lot of comments about the ‘great performance,’ I found myself scratching my head a bit.

What performance?

They played Wonderwall almost in its entirety from (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? and Jay-Z threw in a bunch of shouted lines off key. It was more like bad karaoke before a big audience. Then he went on to do 99 Problems and that seemed too as if it was ‘canned.’ No one on stage seemed to be playing instruments (except the drummer) so, why even bother going to see Jay-Z live? He didn’t even do a complete rap of the song.

No comments: